Lehigh County Authority is Working to Get Lead Water Service Lines Out of the City of Allentown!
Allentown Pilot Project
We need your help!
You play an important role in the process of removing lead from the water system. Check out this video from the EPA to learn more:
Watch the EPA video in Spanish.
Mandatory Water Service Line Inspections
Service line inspections will begin in the fall of 2023, and will help LCA build an inventory of lead pipe locations. Customers will be notified when our crews will be in your area so you are prepared for the knock at your door. Additional information about the inspections is outlined below:
- A phone notice will be issued prior to our crews beginning the inspections on your block.
- Our teams drive white vehicles with the LCA logo. They will be wearing apparel with the logo and photo identification, which you may ask to see. You may contact LCA to verify our crew is in your area if you have concerns. Call 610-437-7515.
- Someone 18 years of age or older must be present to allow access to the home.
- If we miss you, we will leave a door hanger notification and you can schedule an inspection time that works for you. Schedule an appointment now.
- The area around the water meter, usually in the basement, should be clear for the inspection.
- Depending on the location of the meter, the inspection will take approximately 15-30 minutes. The crew will record data and take photographs.
- Information about the inspection results will be provided to you.
- Once all the inspections in your neighborhood have been completed, we will provide information about which homes qualify for the free lead service line replacement program and the next steps in the process.
- Service line replacements will begin in Spring 2024.
Read the Initial Notice – mailed Nov. 2023
Learn about Service Line Responsibilities
View a graphic on Service Line Responsibilities
Our Vehicles & Inspectors
Our team of inspectors will be wearing blue vests with the LCA logo and carrying a photo ID badge, which you may ask to inspect. They will be driving white trucks with our logo on them. See the image below for an example.
Schedule an Appointment for Inspection
If you weren’t home when we were in your neighborhood you can schedule an inspection on a day that works for you. Schedule now.
Reduce Lead Exposure from Drinking Water
If you have lead pipes in your home, it is important to take steps to reduce exposure to lead in drinking water. Learn how.
Learn more about lead in drinking water on our dedicated webpage.